Commercial Kitchen

Asked October 4, 2016, 6:26 PM EDT

Dear Sir or Madam, Your organization is listed for having a commercial kitchen for of time rental. Can you please elaborate on the process of such interchange. Regards Ben Afshari

Woodford County Kentucky

1 Response

Hi Ben,

Yes, our office has a commercial kitchen that is available for individuals who are exploring the production of value-added fruit, vegetables, and baked products for resale. If you are already processing elsewhere and would like to use our kitchen, we can easily make that happen by having some paperwork on file (food handler's permit, insurance policy, guidelines signed, etc.). If you are in the beginning stages and have not been inspected to be able to sell your product, then the first step is to contact the state health department (their phone number is (502) 564-7181). Please call the Woodford County Extension Office at (859) 873-4601 if you have further questions or would like more information.