Planning Commission Procedures

Asked October 3, 2016, 11:18 AM EDT

I know there is a Land Use series on ZBA variance denials, but what if the Planning Commission should deny a Site Plan or Special Land Use. Do you have procedures that can be followed for that? Thank you

Iosco County Michigan

1 Response

Good Afternoon:

My 1st recommendation is that you follow the procedures outlined in Michigan Zoning Enabling Act to ensure that your decision to deny the site plan did not violate any of the Special land uses: regulations and standards: compliance; conditions; record of conditions in Section 125.3504. Based on (3) of this Section: A request for approval of a land use or activity shall be approved if the request is in compliance with the standards stated in this section.

For the Zoning Board of Appeals; Procedures, you should reference Article VI Zoning Board of Appeals Section 125.3604-125.3607 of the Michigan Zoning Enabling Act – Act 110 of 2006.


Have a wonderful day