Match like body with legs like a frog

I found a bug in my basement bathroom that I have never seen before. It had a body that looked exactly like a small match, no discernible segments, no visible antennae, and the back four legs were like a frogs, but at least twice the length of the body. The front legs were extremely stunted. The hindmost legs were the longest while the middle legs were more proportionate. I attempted to capture it, but by the time I had gotten a container, it had vanished. It's head was a dark brown, and the body and legs appeared to be clearish with the slightest sandy color. It was approximately 3/4 inches in length and the body was roughly a millimeter wide. It has no wings. The hindmost legs are somewhere nearly twice it's length and the middle legs are about the body length. Unfortunately, I was unable to capture an image or the bug, but any help you could give would be appreciated. I live in Billings, MT, if that will be of any help.

Yellowstone County Montana

Thanks for your question. It's nearly impossible to identify a spider without a photo, but here's a link to a "Spiders of Montana" that has photos you might be able to identify.

Good luck!