hardy , inexpensive evergreen for privacy screen

I live in Cincinnati, Ohio and am looking at using Eastern Red Cedar trees for a privacy screen. They will get full sun planted in mostly clay soil. I want something that is very hardy, disease and insect resistant and requires little maintenance. I also want something that grows tall (at least 16' and does not spread more than 12'). Is this a good species to consider? Are these something deer will not ruin? Would you recommend something better?
Thank you for your help.
Don Maccarone

Hamilton County Ohio trees and shrubs horticulture eastern red cedar

The Eastern Red Cedar is a good choice and it is seldom severely damaged by deer. The Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden has a list of recommended plants that do well in the area that you might want to check out too. They have the lists separated into large, medium and small trees as well as listing recommended evergreen trees under 25 feet or over 25 feet. The lists can be found at the following link: http://cincinnatizoo.org/plants/ .