Grass seed

Hello and thank you for your service. I live on Highland Ave and would like to ask when would be a good time to kill my lawn and plant new grass seed? I am also interested in books/info regarding living in a rural area. Thank you again.

Jefferson County Kentucky lawns and turf turfgrass

The short answer is NOW is prime time for home lawn renovation! The University of Kentucky Turf Science program has an extensive number of publications and YouTube videos about how to renovate your lawn. Here are a few publications to start with, but if you click on University of Kentucky Turf Science, you'll find a wealth of publications and on home lawn care and maintenance.

Renovate your lawn

UK Turfgrass Science for homeowners

Your Kentucky Lawn YouTube Channel

Finally, regarding books on living in a rural area, there are certainly some great ones out there, but in order to better answer your question, could you please email Bethany Pratt (bethany.pratt@uky.edu) with some more specifics about what type of rural life your are interested in and are you looking for fictional reading or more of a "how-to" guide? Thanks!