Master Naturalist Certification Program

Hello, I came across the Master Naturalist Certification Program recently. I could not help noticing that Kentucky does not have such a program while most other states do. This program is overseen by the extension office system. I was quite surprised to discover that we do not have one. I stopped in at our local extension office. They have a Master Gardener Program, but had never heard of the Master Naturalist Program. I am very interested in this program. If someone would get back to me I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for your time, Velina Swords

Russell County Kentucky agriculture master natrlist program russell county kentucky

Hello. Thank you for your question. You are correct. Kentucky does not have a state-level Master Naturalist program. I am including the contact information for Dr. Gary Palmer, Extension Program Leader for Agriculture and Natural Resources. He coordinates the state-level programs for agriculture. Please feel free to contact him to inquire about the possibility of beginning a Master Naturalist Program. Gary Palmer gary.palmer@uky.edu Agriculture and Natural Resources (859) 257-1846

Hello Mr. Stamper,

Thank you so much! for the information you provided. I will be in contact with Dr. Palmer very soon.

Sincerely,

Velina Swords