Container Grown Ornamental Grasses

I'm wanting to create a plant screen with tall ornamental grasses, minimum of 5' height. My location in Denver gets full sun with South and West exposure. Also I need to plant in containers. I see a lot of Pampas grass around town and have read about Blue Switch grass and Big Bluestem. Are any of these appropriate? Thank you, Richard Farrell

Denver County Colorado sustainable gardening and landscaping ornamental grass

The Plume Grass that is hardy in the Denver area is Saccharum ravennae, a different genus than the plume grass that grows in warmer locations. It grows really big, like 8' - 12'. Switch Grasses don't get as tall and are slimmer, so the Plume Grass would make a more solid wall and may be a better screen depending on the look you want.

Bluestem (Andropogon gerardii) will get between 4'-6' but it is more straggly and tends to topple over so it might be problematic used as a screen.

Here's a link to a fact sheet from CSU on Ornamental Grasses: http://extension.colostate.edu/topic-areas/yard-garden/ornamental-grasses-7-232/