Pinnacle Birch with Dying Branches

I've been trying to send this question through a couple of times and not sure that it's going through. I have a pinnacle birch with branches that are dying. I have another that looked the same way last fall and it didn't come back in the spring. Please look at the photos below and let me know if there's anything I can do this fall to help insure that it comes back in the spring.

Dakota County Minnesota birch dying branches horticulture

The photo doesn't provide enough information to determine what's causing the die-back. Consequently we don't know what, if anything, can be done about it.
Borer damage causes branches to die, but the top branches are usually the first to be affected.

The best we can do is suggest that you ask a certified arborist to evaluate the tree's health onsite and recommend a course of action.

How to hire a professional arborist to help care for your landscape trees
http://www.extension.umn.edu/garden/yard-garden/trees-shrubs/how-to-hire-a-professional-arborist/