Hello, I have a bad case of an invasive weed. It was identified as wirestem...

Hello, I have a bad case of an invasive weed. It was identified as wirestem muhly. It came from the surrounding woods and has overtaken our pasture grass. Our local farm supply store had no solution. We live in carroll county, ohio. Do you know of any herbicide that will kill this and not the grass? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Paul Rich

Carroll County Ohio pasture management invasive plants

Unfortunately, there is not a herbicide out there that will only kill the weed. So the only options that I can suggest is to apply a herbicide that kill everything and then go in and totally reseed your pasture with the grasses that you would like. The only other suggestion would be to try to control the weed by clipping(mowing) your pasture short before the weed goes to seed or by intensive grazing it with cattle to try and kill the weed out. If you have any other questions please contact the Carroll County OSU Extension Office.