Grain beetle/weevil in corn cat litter in Florida - prevention and alternatives

Hi, I found what seems to be grain beetles or weevils in my cat litter. Luckily they are not in my food yet. I have two questions:
1. I'm dumping the litter, cleaning the boxes, replacing the litter, and trying to vacuum to get all the bugs and eggs. However, the boxes were on carpet and I'm wondering if I'll be able to get them all. Would something like diatomaceous earth help like it does with fleas?
2. I understand that both corn and wheat-based litters are susceptible to this problem. I'm wondering if this litter might be an alternative that isn't clay-based that wouldn't feed the bugs?

Alachua County Florida insect management pantry pests

These litter products are relatively new and not well documented. The grain weevils/bugs are most often found in the kitchen and pantry. So our recommendations are generally for those areas. Pantry pests that are in your litter can be controlled by putting the bagged litter in the freezer at 0 degrees F for 3 or 4 days as soon as you get them home. That kills the bugs and eggs. It should be a safe product after that and can be stored anywhere. The diatomaceous earth may work. I see know reason it would not have the same effect on pantry pests and fleas.

Pelleted wood products are an alternative. You might want to avoid the clumping wood products. The cat fur may carry it all over the house.