black rudbechia stems and leaves

I sent an email a few days ago and didn't receive an answer - so I am trying again. This morning my co-worker and I toured Eagle Creek Golf Club in Willmar where we take care of the flowers. We noticed that the majority of the rudbechia have black stems and leaves - not all but most. And we have lots! We enjoy that they are easy to grow, easy to transplant and bloom lovely for some time. Could you please help us? Is there something we can do now - something next year? Is it something in the soil? Thank you. Bev Engleson bjknight7@charter.net

Kandiyohi County Minnesota diagnosis of plant problems black eyed susan horticulture

Thank you for your question.

This time of year (high temp, high humidity) many plants show signs of fungal foliar diseases, and black-eyed Susan plants are some of them.

Please follow this link for information on possible fungal diseases affecting the black-eyed Susan plants....

http://www.extension.umn.edu/garden/yard-garden/flowers/diseases-of-rudbeckia/

Hope this helps.