hi i canned some salsa and pizza sauce about 2 weeks ago. I am not sure if i...

hi i canned some salsa and pizza sauce about 2 weeks ago. I am not sure if i processed it long enough. Is there any way to tell? Or can it be used or stored in the refrigerator any suggestions would be helpful. I know it is processed for 40 mins but somehow i got 10 mins on the brain and think maybe i only processed for 10 mins but i am just not sure.

Ohio

Thank you for your question. Your description sounds like you need to follow the classic "when in doubt, throw it out" mantra.

If this had been something you made yesterday and are questioning today (24 hour window), I'd suggest re-processing it. Since this is far past the 24-hour window, I cannot safely tell you they are safe to consume or give directions for how to check if they are safe. Also, I am not aware of any tested recipes for canning pizza sauce.

While I know it is heartbreaking to do, I would discard the salsa and pizza sauce if you are not sure they were processes correctly.