nimblewell weed

As instructed, I have applied roundup to areas and find that the whole yard is invested so stopped the roundup application. Now have large areas of just earth. Yard has since been aerated and seeded. I understand there is only 1 product that will eliminate numblewell weed but not be harmful to grass or new seed. My lawn service people are reluctant to using it. I hope someone could come to my yard and give me a second opinion about what the weed is and what to do about it, please.

Hennepin County Minnesota lawn weeds nimblewill

Master Gardeners don't make house calls. I'd suggest getting second (and third) opinions from other lawn care companies.

Nimblewill is a difficult weed to eradicate. But it also looks like other weedy grasses such as creeping bentgrass. We are on the edge of its range, so it appears to be less common here than further east. So be sure that nimblewill is what you have:
http://garden.org/learn/articles/view/2950/

Thank you.