What is the name of this plant

Hi, i work on a school and we don't want to plant any trees that grow tall or are deciduous. Could you please tell me the name of this tree...photo enclosed.

Outside United States plant identification horticulture

Your message does not indicate where (geographically) this plant is growing, except that it is outside the US. Could you tell us where you are?

Taylor

Thank you Taylor,
Actually i couldn't see anywhere on the original request as to where i could put my country.
Anyway, I am in Queensland, Australia.......towards the southern coastal border of it.
Actually gardeners have put these trees in during some landscaping and we are concerned they might grow too big or shed leaves into the gutters.
Cheers and thanks
John Tapp

I'm out of my depth on this one, but I'll try to refer this to one who can help you. Regards, Taylor

Hello John,
I'm not familiar with Australian trees and shrubs. Southern Queensland is a arid/semi-arid area isn't it? Most arid areas have limited trees and shrubs adapted to it. Nurseries serving arid areas usually sell a few widely adapted and often somewhat invasive (spreading beyond where it is planted) native tree & shrub species. If you don't recognize the tree, chances are it is a non-native species that is again widely adapted and most likely invasive.
Online with a Google search of 'Australian Ornamental Tree ID' I found the following websitehttp://www.allcreativedesigns.com.au/pages/galltrees11.html .
Sorry I can't ID the photo you sent but the website may help you.
That said, all trees shed their leaves sometime; deciduous just shed their leaves at once versus evergreens which shed about 1/3 their leaves during any one season. If time isn't a factor I'd watch this tree for a year or two to see how it behaves. If you need to decide the trees fate now, my instinct (honed by trees and shrubs in North America) would be to remove it if you can't identify it and replace it with a tree you know will conform to the site. Finally if there is a nursery or a knowledgeable gardener nearby, it'd be worth asking them to ID the tree. Best wishes and regrets for not answering your question.

Good morning Robert,
Many thanks for your reply......I have looked through many 'name that tree' sites but still can't find the species......perhaps many of those sites are for northern hemisphere.
Anyway I appreciate the trouble you have gone to.
Just for your info, i have enclosed some other photos ........as it is winter/spring here at the moment, it is unlikely the tree is deciduous...
Anyway, cheers and thanks
John

A collegue suggested this is Grevillea baileyana, commonly known as white oak.