Stressed Alaskan Cedar

One of our three Weeping Alaskan Cedar trees are highly stressed. We have been spraying it with "Garden Safe Fungicide 3" (Clarified Hydrophobic Extract of Neem Oil [70%], Other Ingredients [30%] . The tree continues to deteriorate. Do you have any idea what we can do to save this tree?
Thanks,
Bob

Washoe County Nevada

From looking at your photos it is difficult to say what was the original problem was. What symptoms did you see and why did you start spraying a fungicide/insecticide?
From the photo it appears that the product may be causing more problems as the turfgrass under the tree is going dormant or dying. Oils can be very harsh on evergreens, especially when they are used in the summer months as the will cause the leaf tissue to burn.
Is there any way you could bring a sample of the tree into the Reno Cooperative Extension office at 4955 Energy Way? The horticulture department is open Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 9-4 and we could look at the leaf tissue and advise you further.

Hi Wendy,
We think the tree has Apple-Cedar Rust from looking it up online. The dead grass is because we herbicide the area to keep it from going under the trees and shrubs. I have called a commercial arborist to come out and look at the tree. Hopefully he can suggest something that will save the tree.
Best Regards,
Bob

Hi Bob,
If you think it has a disease you can bring a sample to us or take one to the Nevada Department of Agriculture and for no fee they will test it and confirm if you do or not. I hope the arbortist is able to investigate the tree further and help.
If you need anything else or have other questions, please let me know.
Take care,
Wendy

Hello Wendy,
I looked for a viable branch to bring in but could not find one. I think we have lost the tree.
Thanks for Your Help,
Bob