light browning of blue spruce needles

My blue spruce about 5 feet tall was planted this spring. It was doing fine until a month ago. It is showing light yellow to light brown interior needles. the ones on tips of the branches look blue green. Is this normal? and if not do I need to spray it?

Idaho County Idaho

It is hard to say without a picture, but in general, if the new growth on a conifer is healthy then the tree is going to be okay. My guess is that when the tree was transplanted it was stressed a little which resulted in the older needles starting to decline. The tree's response to stress is to jettison its most expendable parts, which are the old needles. You will need to keep an eye on it and make sure it is well watered during the fall and into the winter, but it should be fine. If it sends out nice, new growth next spring then you are okay.