Fungus or Mushroom

Not sure what it is growing at the base of my roses. It is hard cant remove it with out taking out the entire plant. the roses are dying and i think it is from this fungus, but I can not find any information on it. I also have Mint growing on the other side of the fence and some has been in crouching onto the roses, could this be a problem too? or the Problem? Thank you for any help you can give me before I plant some new roses.

Los Angeles County California mushrooms fungus

I can't really tell from the pictures, but it does look as though a fungus is growing at the base of the rose plants. Roses are often grafted onto hardy or tough root stock, and it doesn't work well to prune them to the ground because of that. These look like shrub roses though and may not be grafted. I think they may benefit from a good pruning, so I would recommend you prune them back and see how they grow back out. the mint will continue to spread unless trimmed too.

Thank you for contacting Cooperative Extension,