I have a beautiful Red Oak that has been in my yard for 35 yrs now. Actually...

I have a beautiful Red Oak that has been in my yard for 35 yrs now. Actually have two. The sick one is loosing bark and showing bare limps. another part of the tree definitely has a fungus. It would not be pretty, but I could cut these limps off. So far it is not on the main trunk of the tree.....or the best that I can tell. Help !!! Is there a spray for this or do I forget it and see what happened.

Montague County Texas

A couple of things to consider. It could be Hypoxylon Canker: http://texasforestservice.tamu.edu/uploadedFiles/TFSMain/Manage_Forest_and_Land/Forest_Health/Stewar...
If not it could possibly be a lighting strike. It is hard to tell exactly what it may me without seeing it or some pictures.
If you need to contact me please do.

I don't know if it is that. Some resemble that but other parts not at all. I would post pictures but I really don't know how. I am 67 yrs old and not good at techy stuff. Wish you could come and look. Thanks

Ok, I can come out just call me and we can set up a date and time. Thanks. 940-894-2831