My husband and I have a large ash tree which may be infested with the Emerald...

My husband and I have a large ash tree which may be infested with the Emerald Ash Borer. Professional tree services say they have never seen an ash tree of this size. There is so much poison ivy on the tree that I cannot measure its circumference. Two years ago I submitted a photo to the State of Ohio following an article in the Akron Beacon Journal about the biggest ash tree in the state. Although we have treated this tree annually, unfortunately the leaves came out later than usual and some of the limbs are bare. Could someone come out and access the damage by the ash borer that may have been done to our wonderful tree? We need an unbiased opinion, not a company which stands to make money from its removal. Thank you.

Stark County Ohio emerald ash borer

Hello! I am sending a reply from Lucas County - Toledo, Ohio. I don't have any trips planned in your direction, but would you be willing to share some photos. I would be willing to take a look and give my opinion based upon the photos. Additionally, with a tree that large our recommendation is to work with an arborist to treat the tree.

What have you been using to treat the tree, and at what rate?

I don't know if you have seen this resource or not regarding insecticide options for emerald ash borer: http://emeraldashborer.info/documents/Multistate_EAB_Insecticide_Fact_Sheet.pdf

I hope to hear from you soon and work with you on your tree issue.