fig problem

Hello everyone I have a question about fig I bought a fig plant this summer and I don't have any experience with taking care of the plant I found most of it leaf are sick and yellow couple days ago . maybe from the too much rain we got the past couple days, and it is still in its own content ? Should I put it on the ground now And I wonder if I can give the plant food for this kind of plant or not What about the plant bugs spray

Anne Arundel County Maryland fruit fig

Figs can be grown in the ground (with some winter protection) or in large 30 gallon containers that also need winter protection.
Either way, it needs to come out of that small pot. Your yellow leaves could be from overwatering or underwatering. It is a sign of stress.
We wouldn't worry about feeding or bug pests (there are few), but with a well-prepared (add compost) planting site in full sun, and keep it watered until the ground freezes this fall.
There is more information, including winter protection suggestions on our fig page here: http://extension.umd.edu/growit/fruit/figs