aspergellosis in the soil

I know that this fungus is normal in the soil, but is there a way to treat an area for it? I have a dog who is on her second fungal infection of her sinuses in the past 3 years, and I would like to try to avoid another one. I realize that there is an immune component, but if I could clear her yard, it would be great.

Polk County Oregon horticulture soil and fertility issues

Hello:

As far as I can tell, the Aspergillis species that is/are responsible for this condition are present in soil but also in decaying organic matter. Because of this and as spores for the nasal condition are airborne, eliminating them from a specific environment is not practical-even if one succeeded in a given area, they would simply blow in from surrounding areas. Please contact me directly at the email below if you would like further information, there may be additional resources at OSU that might help you.