First time farmer

I am wanting to start growing my own food, free from all the dangerous chemicals and pesticides that seem to be everywhere. Other than growing the occasional herbs, I am completely lost when it comes to farming for food. Are there any classes or courses available that could get me moving in the right direction? Thank you for any help.

Campbell County Kentucky small farm issues agriculture beginning farmer campbell county kentucky

You are in luck. We are starting two programs on October 4 (Homesteading and Farm Start) that will help you with getting started with growing your own food etc. We will also offer a Master Gardners program starting in December that may be of interest to you. Send me an e-mail message and I will forward you the information. If you get the publication called What's Happening in Campbell County look at the center of this publication under the Extension Service section and it will have details on thees programs.
Thanks Don Sorrell

dsorrell@uky.edu
859-572-2600 - office
859-250-6665- cell