How to set pasture rental price

What is the normal yearly rental price for 7 acres of good quality grass pasture? The property is a few miles north of Woodburn. It has good access fencing and gates for cattle. Pumped water is available sufficient for irrigation. Also what is the usual rate for water? The field line does not have a meter. I will put one in if that is needed. The field is located at: 17210 Boones Ferry RD NE Woodburn Oregon 97071 Thanks, Burr Shaw

Marion County Oregon small farm issues pastures and forages

Hello Burr,
I would recommend doing some comps with the Capitol Press classified ads. You can look at them online without having a subscription: http://marketplace.capitalpress.com/, At a glance it looks like most land listings are for sale rather than rental. You can also try Craig's List for comps, I found a couple there today, but not much.

For row crops a typical rental rate for irrigated acreage is about $400/ac/year. I expect that would be lower for grass pasture - perhaps in the $200-300/ac/year range, but that's a guess. Gene Pirelli (OSU Extension) may have a better idea: 503-931-5163.