limestone and pecan tree

Will a limestone driveway within 5-10 feet of a pecan tree kill it? Also should limestone be used as a pathway in a camellia garden?

Livingston Parish Louisiana pecan horticulture forestry horticulture soil and fertility issues

Lime is applied to soil to neutralize its acidity. Applying too much limestone to lawn or garden soils is unlikely kill plants outright. However, as excess lime alters soil chemistry over time, it can dramatically restrict the availability of mineral nutrients that many plants require to thrive.. In your part of the country the soil tends to be less acid and thus it does not need lime. However, I do not think that a driveway on one side of a mature pecan tree will cause much of a problem.
Not knowing what you have in mind with the Camellia garden it is hard for me to comment, however, camellias love an acid soil. A limestone path could alter that.

Thank you for your prompt response. I should have given you more detail regarding the driveway which is actually on three sides of the pecan tree. I appreciate your comments.

No problem. Hope it helps. You can test the soil to see if it is acid. If so you will have more information .

Thank you very much. I appreciate your time and interest.