bug-insect

We just moved in and remodeling and something is attacking us. It feels like the sting of a flea but we can not see anything and it leaves not marks of any kind. We have a dog and she ha never had a flea but we treated her with front-line and no change. I am concerned because my daughter i pregnant therefore I cant spray. I know it is no fleas, bedbugs or anything that can be een with the naked eye. Please help!!!!!

Kent County Delaware

We cannot say what the insect might be unless you can describe its physical appearance or catch one and send us the photo attached to one of these emails.

Be aware that particles in the air can be very irritating to skin and cause skin reactions that mimic bug bites. We mention that because you are undergoing renovation which stirs up a lot of microscopic debris.

We recommend that you contact a pesticide company to locate and identify the pest insect. If they cannot find anything, the "bites" may be something else entirely. Many conditions can simulate the sensation of bug bites. Here are some things to consider: http://extension.umd.edu/learn/how-do-you-decide-when-remove-tree