Effective response to Ewinia Chrysanthemi

Planted onions in a 4x8 bed around early-mid June. This bed is a new planting. Some onions showed signs of die-off. Samples tested positive for E. Chrysanthemi. (Onions are know to become exposed to this in storage. I very stupidly keep bulbs in a paper bag for 2+ weeks.) At this point most-not all-of the remaining onions appear ok. I wish to remove all the onions and replace them with a fall crop-carrots. However carrots can also be attacked by this bacteria. So my tentative plan was this: Carefully remove the top the 4" of soil, add a huge amount of mycorrhiza (Wikipedia sites an article claiming support for the effectiveness of this against E.C. in a controlled environment), work the remaining soil very vigorously (this is necessitated by the fact my new soil is a very heavy clay) and, finally, adding a fresh 10" mixture on top of this. Does this offer any realistic chance of success? (Please note that the essential question could be applied to preparing the soil for a planting next year, say, if the fall planting is skipped. Understanding roughly at what depth this organism is still a threat may be needed to answer this question. Keep in mind this issue with respect to solarization.)

Monmouth County New Jersey disease onions vegetable

We do not know where you had your samples tested. At this point we recommend that you contact your Extension service at Rutgers Plant Diagnostic Laboratory for more information https://njaes.rutgers.edu/plantdiagnosticlab/contact.asp