How to cleanse a back brush?

If I were to buy a plastic bristle back brush with a plastic handle, how would I cleanse it? Could I use it for years if I keep it clean? If the best cleansing method for a back brush like this would be Clorox, what dilution strength would I use? Would using a spritzer spray and then rinsing it work, or would I need to soak the bristle head? I know that in the kitchen of a church space we used to rent, the dishes were washed by hand, and the health dept. required only a tiny bit of Clorox in the dishpan -- like a tablespoon???

Multnomah County Oregon

You can sanitize your brush by soaking it the sink in either a mixture of one part ammonia to four parts water or a solution of one part vinegar to four parts water. Use warm water, but not so hot that you will burn yourself or melt your brush. If you don’t want to put vinegar or ammonia in your sink, you can soak your brush in a bucket or other portable container. Let your brush soak in the solution for about 10 minutes. After your brush is finished soaking, give it a good rinse with warm or lukewarm water. In between soaking your brush to sanitize make sure you thoroughly rinse your brush after each use and allow to dry completely between use. Hope this helps. A
Be careful when working with ammonia/bleach. Use it only in a well ventilated area, and avoid prolonged exposure to your skin.

Thank you!

You are very welcome--Anytime! A

I just bought a bristle back-brush with a wooden handle. If I mix Clorine bleach with water in a spray bottle, will that be sufficient to cleanse the brush head and bristles? What ratio Cl to H2O? How long to leave the bleach solution on the brush before rinsing it off? Or, is it actually necessary to rinse off the bleach?

Soaking and rinsing as I mentioned before is the only true way to cleanse completely from the tip of the bristles to the wood. Always, always thoroughly after using a chemical. A

Thanks, Andy, How many times can I use the brush before I have to soak/sanitize the it again? Also, how many uses do I get before I have to buy a new brush? I use it two or three times a week.

Once a week should be sufficient and so long as your brush is clean and allowed to dry after each use it should last a very long time. A

Thanks Andy!