Soil analysis

Asked July 25, 2016, 9:50 AM EDT

I would like to have my soil tested. Where would I take my sample for testing? I am going to create a new garden area and would like to know what amendments I need. I am at 7900 feet elevation.

Routt County Colorado

1 Response

Good morning-

Bring your soil by the CSU Extension office here in Routt County. We are located in the Courthouse Annex at 6th and Oak, first floor, northwest corner.

We have containers to send it on to our labs on campus. Make sure to take samples throughout the area where you are going to put your garden and at several depths, up to 12" deep. Mix the samples and let them air dry. We need about 2 full cups to send to the lab. To see more about sampling and the questions that we'll have you fill out on the form, click on the link below. You can also feel free to fill out the form in advance and bring it in with your soil.
Call me with any questions at 879-0825.