Yellowing leaves on my birch tree.

My birch tree has had patches of leaves turn yellow and drop since the beginning of July. At first it was just near the bottom of the tree, but now it seems to have spread further to the top. I applied birch leaf minor treatment in May and do so every year. I'm attaching some pictures of the overall appearance of the tree and the leaves to help with the diagnosis of my tree's problem. Please let me know what I can do to stop the problem of yellowing leaves. Thank you for your help. Ann Miller 763-755-5243

Anoka County Minnesota diagnosis of plant problems yellow leaves birch tree horticulture

We can't diagnose the problem by viewing the photo. We suggest asking a forester or certified arborist to assess the tree's health onsite and recommend a course of action.

Branch die back and leaf drop is a symptom of damage by bronze birch borers but the die back usually occurs in the upper branches first.
http://www.ipm.msu.edu/green_industry/landscape/bronze_birch_borer

Heat/drought often cause birch leaves to turn yellow and drop prematurely.