asian beetles

I would like to know who and why someone is dumping asian beatles by planes in our county? The first first week of October, a plane flys by and thousands of beatles cover our home. I do not understand this , the crops at that time are harvested, they get into our home and hibernate and die on my window sills very few if any survive over the winter, any thoughts?, thank you . lisa Maneval

Lycoming County Pennsylvania integrated pest management horticulture

I am not familiar with aerial disbursement of the asian lady beetle. It may be a cooincidence with the planes flying overhead and the beetles in the house. In the fall, these multi-colored Asian ladybeetles are looking for a place to spend the winter. I get them in my house (as do many others). I have been unable to coorelate their appearance with airplanes.

I know DCNR has released a type of ladybug (they are very small, tiny beetles) in the past to try and manage the hemlock woolly adelgid. Not sure the method of disbursement.