Help about palm trees

i am planning my garden and i am bit confused between different Palms, i plan to plant Majestic palm on ground and Phoenix on pot until someone confused me by saying the Majestic plam that i am planting on ground is actually phoenix palm. So I am uploading pics of 3 palm trees please help me with the names of palm and their max height in pot and ground.i am especially confused between phoenix palm and Majestic (Ravenea) palm.

Outside United States tropical plants palm trees

Howdy,

From what I can tell, the first picture is a pygmy date palm (Phoenix roebelenii). The second appears to be a lady or rhapis palm (Rhapis excelsa). Although the third one is a little too small for me to identify definitively, they could be majesty palm (Ravenea rivularis) seedlings, but they are really young. All species would be considered indoor palms, except for in very sheltered locations. I would also be a little hesitant to put any of these out where they receive direct sun all day, especially while they are young. A site that receives bright filtered light or morning sun / afternoon shade would probably be ideal.

I hope this helps!

thanks for reply Tim, i thought the first one was majestic or Ravenea palm and i have planted about 22 of them on my entrance boundary wall but as u say it's Phoenix roebelenii. i thought i was planting palms the pics of which i have enclosed below. Could you please guide me if i am not bothering you?

Hi,

You're certainly not bothering me, but I'm not sure that I completely understand your last question. From what I can tell, the (new) picture on the left looks to be a majesty palm, whereas the one on the right looks like a Cuban royal palm (Roystonea regia). The latter would probably be a better choice for an exposed outdoor planting, if you are wanting larger palms, but this also depends on your climate.