USDA loans

Asked July 19, 2016, 12:36 PM EDT

We currently do a lot of meat processing in our store and we are looking to expand to offer not only custom exempt processing but USDA Products. Much like Vermont Smoke and Cure. I was wondering who I could contact to talk about this. thanks Shane Dutil 518 493 2300

Clinton County New York

1 Response

Hi Shane-
Thanks for the question. First off, please consider becoming a member of the Niche Meat Processor Assistance Network listserve. We have over 1,300 members of the listserve that represent slaughterhouses, butchers, meat producers, extensionists, and food safety experts. Go to this page and enter in your email on the right hand side to become a member of the listserve.
Also on that website is our list of state affiliates who can help you with regulatory issues in your state. Here is that information:

New York

Matt LeRoux
Ag. Marketing Specialist
Cornell University Cooperative Extension
Tompkins County
(607) 272-2292
Marty Broccoli
Cornell University Cooperative Extension
Oriskany, NY
(315) 736-3394 x.121

Other Contacts in New York:
New York State Association of Meat Processors, Inc.
Warren F. Brannon, Secretary
61 Oak Hill Road, Moravia, NY 13118
(315) 497-1721

Other Resources in New York:

New York Slaughterhouse Map

On-Farm Poultry Slaughter Guidelines

Resource Guide to Direct Marketing Meat and Poultry

New York Market Maker – Searchable Database of Meat Facilities