Near the pool

My boyfriend and I have recently installed an above ground pool which ended up being much , much closer to the 2 green Giants that we planted 2 springs ago (this being their 3rd season in our yard) .They seem way too close to to pool at about 5 feet for one and 10 feet for the other. Do we need to remove them to prevent the pool liner from developing holes? Or are their root systems deep enough that problems won't be a factor?

Chesapeake Virginia

I don't think that should be an issue w arborvitae. Probably would have more to do with what sort of soil (sand) is under the pool liner. If everything was installed and the soil isn't washed away, I wouldn't think the roots would grow up into the "drier" sand from the underlying soil that should hold more moisture.

If you want to be safe rather than sorry, you could transplant those in the fall if they aren't too big. But I think that you will be OK.