I have a fairly large pond. About 1-1/2 acres, 17 foot deep. It is lined with...

I have a fairly large pond. About 1-1/2 acres, 17 foot deep. It is lined with cattails and such. And very mucky and algae. I just bought the place, and have no clue how to take care of a pond. Would like someone to look at it and tell me what to do. Would like to eventually remove the cattails, put stone around, and put in a beach area, I think. It is unusable the way it is except to fish off the pier.

Crawford County Ohio pond management

Greetings anonymous,

This is the kind of service I provide for anybody within the state of Ohio who needs it. However, to justify my travel, I ordinarily look for several sites in a general area to make a full day of it. I can provide consultation, but have no means to provide product or implementation.

My full contact info is below. Feel free to drop a line if you feel a site visit would be of benefit. To warn you, I'm traveling throughout this week, but should have much more time for correspondence next.

Best,
Eugene