My sister had the gypsy moth worms on her pine trees. They killed 1 tree...

My sister had the gypsy moth worms on her pine trees. They killed 1 tree already. She paid a tree company to spray and it killed most of the worms, but now she has the moths. We are looking for the traps that have the lure in to attract the males. We can't find them. Is this what you recommend? If so where can we find them. Or what do you suggest. Thank you Kylean Rockey

Fulton County Ohio pine trees gypsy moth

Hello and thank you for your question. Do you know if the evergreen that you described is a pine or a spruce?

The damage caused by this pest is done. Although the males can be a nuisance in their numbers and presence, they aren't causing additional damage?

How wide spread is the infestation? The Ohio Department of Agriculture does have a program but there is a minimum of 50 acres so it usually means neighbors working together to combine properties to get the acreage needed.

Trapping male moths can be done as a monitoring option, but it really doesn't control the infestation. Sometimes you can find traps at garden centers, but usually not.

Give me a call and we can talk about management options at 419-578-6783.