I am getting ready to buy a house built in 1952 in Upper Arlington. The water...

I am getting ready to buy a house built in 1952 in Upper Arlington. The water lines on the entire street were replaced in 2015.I am concerned about water quality from the old pipes in this house. I was told last year that the house owner replaced the water line from the house to the street in recent years. What testing should I have performed? Which lab in Franklin County would be best to do that testing? Thank you Virginia Hinkle (OSUstudent /alum)

Franklin County Ohio

You shouldnt have to do any testing of your own since it is a municipal water supply. Simply contact the water department in UA and ask to see the latest water quality test results for the system.

If you are concerned that the water entering your residence has issues, you can have it tested through any water testing lab such as Advanced Analytics, 614.299.9922 or American Analytical Labs, 614.791.1287.

I am not concerned about city water. Only the house copper pipes with lead solder leaking lead in the house.

In that case you can submit a sample to one of the labs I mentioned. Be sure to tell them that you are concerned about lead, so that they test for that.

-Mike