Bindweed- Deer Park, Washington

I have a garden that has been taken over by bindweed. Is there a place that I can purchase bindweed mites? I think these may be my only hope

Spokane County Washington insects gardening mites bindweed bindweed mites horticulture

Thank you for contacting us with your question.
I'm so sorry to hear about the bindweed in your garden, this is a really pernicious weed to fight. I have found a link to one possible source for bindweed mites, which I will copy below. As you can imagine, there is great demand for these, so I'm not sure if they will have enough for everyone, but at least it is a possibility.
http://invasives.wsu.edu/biological/documents/BCA_requestform2014.pdf

Just so you have some more information on these mites, I've copied a paragraph from a fact sheet on bindweed, put out by WSU:.

Two biological control agents are available in the United States, but have not yet resulted in substantial field bindweed control and have not been successfully established in the Pacific Northwest. The bindweed mite, Aceria malherbae, feeds on the plant, causing deformed buds and leaves. The mite survives better in drier settings and is less effective in tall grass stands. Another insect cleared for release as a biocontrol agent is the European moth, Tyta luctuosa. Caterpillars of this moth defoliate bindweed, usually in the later part of the growing season
I hope this helps, and please let us know if we can answer any further questions. You can reach our Extension office by calling 477-2181 or by emailing mastergardener@spokanecounty.org