Hello, I am the committee chair/leader for Trail Life troop PA-0101...

Hello, I am the committee chair/leader for Trail Life troop PA-0101 (traillifeusa.com) and on the board for American Heritage Girls PA-0101 located at Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton church in Mechanicsburg, PA. We are church affiliated troops, our youth range in ages from 5 to 18. As part of our program, we feel it is important for the TL and AHG members to spend as much time in the outdoors and to learn about important resources around them and yes when possible earn badges. I am contacting you to ask if you could help our kids learn about local agriculture. If you have someone local that could talk to our troop, maybe lead or arrange a trip to farms, wineries, orchards etc., so they learn what is available and maybe get involved in our local agriculture. I know this is a lot to ask, but if we could set something up over the next year that would really be a blessing. I'm sure you are aware, these are our future leaders and we need to provide them with every opportunity to succeed. By the way, we believe in service to the community also, and if we can help you with any project. Thank You, Sincerely, Andrew Najdek...

Cumberland County Pennsylvania

Andrew,

Thanks for your inquiry. . This is the busiest time of the year for 4-H members and staff. A great place for you to go next week would be the Shippensburg Fair. It runs from Sunday through Saturday July 24-30. It's a great place to make contacts with local farmers. I will also try to gather some contact information for some people who can help you out. You might also try the Cumberland County Farm Bureau.President: Matt Meals Phone: 717-943-0647

Thank you for your response and suggestion, we didn't know there was a Shippensburg Fair, my wife, daughter and I will need to check it out! We are in the planning stages, so any information would be very helpful. Take care, Andrew Najdek...