Solving/Managing Carpenter Bee Problems

Can you tell me what I should expect from a pest control company in solving/ managing a carpenter bee problem? I want to prevent structural and cosmetic problems caused by the bees and eliminate them if possible. We live in the central unit of a five-unit town house; all residences have carpenter bees and (potentially) will act together to deal with the problems.

New Castle County Delaware insect issues insect management carpenter bees

I would expect a limited amount of control from one application. There are few really effective long residual products that control carpenter bees. A liquid spray onto the wood that is attracting the bees provides short term control of about 1 - 2 weeks. Another tactic is to puff insecticidal dust into the excavated hole and wait a few days to allow the bee an opportunity to acquire the dose. Painted or pressure treated wood is less attractive than stained wood. Carpenter bees prefer weathered and bare wood. Treatments are best applied in the late evening whenever possible and while wearing protective clothing (long-sleeves, pants, etc...).