Stunted zucchini

We have very vigorous growth of the leaves and the zucchini fruit. However, the zucchini stop growing at about three inches. They don't start rotting till much later, so I assume it's not ber. I don't think watering is an issue either as the rest of our garden it doing well. The only other thing that I might add is we appear to have minimal pollinators. Any suggestions as to what is happening would be greatly appreciated.

Stearns County Minnesota zucchini problem horticulture

Have you checked the tag on your plants? Perhaps you purchased a bush type zucchini. If so it may just bush out from that height. Otherwise I really have no explanation for you as long as they soil is healthy. Zucchini like soil with a good amount of organic material (compost), sun and water. Lack of pollinators is caused by lack of blooms. Perhaps dig in some balanced garden fertilizer (like 10-10-10) and continue to water.