Milk house drain

Asked July 9, 2016, 10:45 AM EDT

Where do we have to run our drain for milk house? We are constructing a new milk house and it needs drain.

Bradford County Pennsylvania

1 Response

You have several options and depending on your farm size and how close to the stream you are located you have less options. I encourage you to contact your local Conservation district or NRCS if you are interested in any programs but with that said, here are several options , Please contact us if needed J Craig at

Use a Septic system but will need pumping

use a grass filter area

use a pipe to a septic tank and pump into your manure spreader

use a pipe to your manure lagoon

The less milk in the waste water the better every system will work

Try not to USE a Road Side DITCH!