How do I prune this VERY LARGE aloe plant

I have a very large aloe plant that has grown so large it can't be supported to an upright position. It was suggested to me to lop it off and start all over again with the pups. It is housed in the Kim Engr. Bldg in the area of a large window. The aloe has bloomed many times. Should I cut the entire aloe down? I really don't want to do that, but it's almost unmanagable at this size. Can it be supported to grow vertically at this point? I'll take any suggestions as to what to do. Thank you

Prince George's County Maryland aloe houseplant

We would remove the off shoots and pot them up individually in new pots. The large parent plant can be cut off at ground level and allowed to grow from the roots. The portion cut off could be thrown away or the very terminal portion that is growing straight can be cut off and stuck into some new soilless potting mixture and be allowed to grow. If you want a big plant, cut off the stem just below the leaves and put it in the soilless potting mixture so that the leaves begin at soil level. vw