Need solution for diseased geraniums

I read about several possible geranium diseases on your site. Do you offer any cures? And if so, where would I find that? Not home at the moment to upload a pic. But it resembles the first bacterial disease. It started on a healthy plant as raised brown dots on the underside of the leaf. And appeared as yellow spots on the top side. Leaves then browned and shriveled. I removed as many as I could find. The geranium is starting to put out new leaves. But my fear is that spores have gotten into the dirt or on the plant and are waiting to pounce on young tender leaves. Thank you for any help you can give, Sincerely, Ernie Rettino

Orange County California plant disease horticulture flowers: annuals and herbaceous perennials

Ernie,

Sounds like it could either be a fungus or a bacteria. It's hard to say without seeing it. Let's hope that it is a fungus, because we can treat a fungus. We cannot treat for a bacteria. Fungicides can be used to kill the spores and also be used on new growth to protect them from the fungus. Both fungi and bacteria are spread through splashing water. Try to keep the leaves dry and water only the soil. Removing the most infected leaves from the plant and the ones that fell from around the base of the plant will help, too. Hope these tips help. Let me know if you have any other questions.