Drip Irrigation for small farms

Hello; We grow lavender in south Jefferson County, about 600 plants. Our drip system using Rainbird drippers is a sad failure due to clogging drippers within 6 months of changing them. have you tested any drippers that may NOT clog with our mineral content in the water? We've stunted and lost too many plants due to this problem! Thank you Jim Wiilson A Mazing Lavender Farm 6269 SW Badger Rd. Crooked River Ranch, OR 97760 541-410-7746

Jefferson County Oregon small farms drip irrigation irrigation management lavendar

Sorry to hear you are having this type of problem. My wife and I have a large number of lavender plants in our yard (we used to have about 250 plants.) I would check with local irrigation dealers in Central Oregon to see what products they have such as emitters and filters, etc. that might help you solve your problem. Ewing Irrigation in Bend might be a place to start but there are other companies as well.

Mylen Bohle
Area Extension Agronomist
Central Oregon
Crook County
Prineville
mylen.bohle@oregonstate.edu
541-447-6228