What kind of plant is this

It's in a pot. It's trailing and a perennial.

Outside United States canada plant identification ontario horticulture flowers: annuals and herbaceous perennials

Hello, please let us know where this plant is located. If it is outside of the US - what country? If it is inside the US, what state and county? This way it will be easier for us to diagnose the problem and assign the question to the best expert.

We are located in Ontario Canada. The plant is now flowering. And resembles a fushia but I can't seem to located the plant online. I'm a landscape designer but have never come across this plant before.

I am going out on a limb but I believe that it is a Lysimachia species. I have seen the plant but cannot find the correct species. I am also going to question whether it is truly a perennial. If it what I am thinking it is an annual. Do you know for sure that it returns each year from the same plant?

There are a couple of species of Lysimachia that have similar habits and more purple or red foliage.

My other thought is Iresine, but the foliage is not quite right. At least this is a little more information to help with your research. Dennis

Thx.
It's my mother in laws potted plants. But now that I think of it all the other plants in there are annuals so its definitely possible it is as well.
ThX again I will look into the lysimachia

Based on that information I am more sure of my answer. There are a number of plants in the lysimachia genus that are used as annuals in pots. Dennis