Well water testing

My horses have been losing weight and just seem not to be thriving no matter how much grain, hay and worming and vet care I give them. I have an older pony that is still losing weight no matter what we try and I believe that our well water may be the culprit. Someone mentioned to me that I may need to get it tested. I have no idea where or how to get it done. I would like some information about this. I have about 15 acres in Horse Branch, Ohio County, Kentucky and all around my property is woodland with some farmland. Also the well is a hand dug well that was on the property already when my husband was a child, since the 1940's. Any information and/or prices charged for well water testing would be appreciated. Thank You.

Ohio County Kentucky

Hello. Thank you for your question. Please contact the Ohio County Extension Office and the extension agent will be glad to assist you. I have included his contact information below.

Gregory G Comer
1337 Clay St., Hartford, KY 42347-0066
(270) 298-7441