Neem tree roots are safe to building founations

Dear Sir
I heard that roots of Mango tree , jack fruit tree ,aalada mara ..are very dangerous to the nearby foundations.

Roots will make the foundations week as they pears into foundation stones.causing cracks....

MY question

Is it true that the roots of the Neem tree also dangerous to foundations of nearby buildings.

How far the Neem tree / what should be [ minimum ] distance away from the building.

Hope your quikr guidance will guid me to get better knowledge.

thank you with best wishes

Outside United States trees and shrubs tree roots and house foundation home foundation neem tree roots

The roots of trees only occasionally damage nearby foundations. Certain conditions are needed for this to happen, relating to soil type and depth of the foundation. I am unaware of any research done to implicate the involvement of certain species over any other. The mechanism involved is when the roots withdraw water from the soil under a foundation, causing the soil to shrink and subsequent shifting of the foundation. Usually, it is wise not to plant large trees close to any building. Exact distances are not available, but common sense dictates at least a distance of 6 - 8 feet away. More precise answers to your question can be found at the following website: http://www.mortonarb.org/trees-plants/tree-and-plant-advice/horticulture-care/tree-roots-and-foundat...