Is this a weed or flower?

This is about 6 feet tall, started life as a snall, fuzzy leafed plant, and has shot up in height and is getting yellow blooms on top. What is this? Should I pull it?

Clackamas County Oregon weed issues ornamentals plant identification

Thank you attaching the nice images. The plant is a verbascum, the botanical name Verbascum thapsus.

Here in our region, this verbascum is considered a roadside weed that may seed into gardens such as yours

However, in southern California where I used to live, it is considered a reliable, drought-tolerant biennial useful seasonal color in gardens.

So I guess the choice is yours. Either keep it or remove, according to your preference. If you want to remove it, realize that it's relatively easy to pull it out. If you keep it, you'll likely have many new seedlings next year which will bloom during their 2nd year.

Thanks so much for your prompt response. I think I will keep it, it's a definite conversation piece, and looks like it is going to get a nice big yellow bloom soon as well.

Here's a bit of additional info, also an image. Verbascum, also called common mullein, will have a series of modest-sized flowers up the tall stem.
http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/PlantFinder/PlantFinderDetails.aspx?taxonid=287011&isprofile=0&
This write-up calls it a perennial, so perhaps I was incorrect; it's a been a long time since I grew it in southern California.

Thanks for the additional info. I grew up CA, and the top of it it reminds me of Yucca.