New growth on potted shoots dying

I potted gold rasberry shoots 3 weeks ago and kept in shade and started seeing new growth...put some calcium nitrate in the pots to fertilize because dirt was pro mix..put into full sun and new growth started dying off...

Columbiana County Ohio

Hello. Thank you for your question. Unfortunately I may have more questions than you! I am wondering what you mean by pro-mix? The pro-mix that I am familiar with has fertilizer allready added. Does yours? I am curious about your addition of calcium nitrate (15.5-0-0 indicates high nitrogen) A new tender shoot needs a root boost rather than a top-growth stimulant, but again, it depends on what is in your potting mix. I also don't know where your new shoot came from. Was it purchased bare root? Is it a start from another plant? Did you gradually transition your baby plant from shade to the hot sun or give it time to acclimate by gradually increasing sun time?
I really do have more questions than answers, don't I? LOL
Feel free to help me follow up by giving me more information regarding my questions to you. Thanks for using the AaMGV on line service. I hope to hear from you again.

Regular un fertilized pro mix....these were dug up shoots not canes...thry came from a purchased bare root cane i bought last year i just dug the shoits up this year. And i kept in shade for 3 weeks till new growth started to show them put into full sun.

Thank you for responding to my questions to you. I think that using a slow release fertilizer such as Osmocote (14-14-14) would be a better choice for your young plants. Or you can use a soil product with fertilizer and a soil moist product (such as Miracle Grow Potting Soil). Also, when you transition them from shade to sun, do so more gradually, especially due to the intense heat recently. Give them a couple hours of morning sun for a few days, then let them stay out into the early afternoon (until about 1pm) for a few days, then if there are no signs of leaf burn, they can stay out all day.
I hope this is helpful for your next attemp :)