Rotting plants

I have a garbage can full of rotting plants in sludgy water. I am trying to find out how I can get rid of it. It's really smelling nasty. I put a mosquito disk in it, because I can't move it. I didn't know if I could put clorox or something in it. Any ideas?

Allegheny County Pennsylvania

I recommend tipping the garbage can over so that the water will drain out of the can. Then use a rake and scape out the rotting vegetation. If you have an area on your property where you can dispose of the rotting vegetation, just pile it there to naturally decompose. If the plants are not sitting in water, there will be no odor and no mosquitoes breeding.

If you have no where on your property to dispose of the rotting vegetation, bag it in a plastic bag and place in into a covered garbage can for your municipal waste collection.

In the future, do not dispose of vegetation in an uncovered container that retains water.